Jun 28, 2024

[Photography] dPS Bi-Weekly Photo Challenge – With Light

The post dPS Bi-Weekly Photo Challenge – With Light appeared first on Digital Photography School. It was authored by Sime.

Last week we went with composition and asked you to try TWO images, one portrait and one landscape of the same scene – some great results! Well done! (Missed it? You can still try it!)

We’re going to go down the same path with this challenge, two images, but as you’ve likely spotted in the title, this time it’s about light – camera flash! On camera, off camera… But we also realise that not everyone has a flash, some people use phones, some use older cameras, newer cameras and they might not have flash SO what we’re asking for is that you simply LIGHT one photo and also submit the SAME photo without LIGHT… You can use ambient light in both photographs, but you MUST use light (Flash or LED or a desk lamp or a torch) in one of the photographs.

I’ve posted an example below, and I’ve used my iPhone and desk lamp to keep it as simple as possible AND I’ve not cropped – just photographed and shared. Could the photos be better? Absolutely, but this challenge is about the impact of light on an image. Get stuck in! Have a go.

dPS Bi-Weekly Photo Challenge – With Light

Here’s my example (above and below), I just took a photograph of some GTech hard drives (great drives if you’re after one) I was using earlier, my desk lamp ON, and another with my desk lamp OFF… Both have different points of interest. I like the level of ambient with the power lamps on the front of the drives, and I like the desk lamp’s shadow cast off the back of the drives. Did I mention I also like the drives. Ha!

dPS Bi-Weekly Photo Challenge – With Light

As Ever… Make sure you include the hashtags #dPSWeeklyChallenge and #dPSWithLight in your post, here in the comments or over on social media. You can tag us on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter!

Find all of our previous weekly challenges here.

Simply upload your shot into the comment field (look for the little camera icon in the Disqus comments section) and they’ll get embedded for us all to see or if you’d prefer, upload them to your favourite photo-sharing site and leave the link to them. Show me your best images in this week’s challenge. Sometimes it takes a while for an image to appear so be patient and try not to post the same image twice.

Share in the dPS Facebook Group

You can also share your images in the dPS Facebook group as the challenge is posted there each week as well.

The post dPS Bi-Weekly Photo Challenge – With Light appeared first on Digital Photography School. It was authored by Sime.



it's from Digital Photography School https://ift.tt/4wTAFyo
via Sime

No comments:

Post a Comment